Junior and Senior Infants: 8.45am - 1.30pm
1st Class to 6th Class: 8.45am - 2.30pm
We're very excited for the Concern Primary Debates Semi Finals this week!
Listellick National School, Co. Kerry vs Scoil Colmcille, Co. Donegal.
Best of luck to our Debating Team on Friday and to Scoil Colmcille.
COVID-19 Policy Statement
Scoil Lios Teilic is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff and a safe learning environment for all our pupils. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID-19 Response Plan. The BOM and all school staff are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus.
- continue to monitor our COVID-19 response and amend this plan in consultation with our staff
- provide up to date information to our staff and pupils on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and Gov.ie
- display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 and correct handwashing techniques
- agree with staff, a worker representative who is easily identifiable to carry out the role outlined in this plan
- inform all staff and pupils of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements
- adapt the school to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate in line with the guidance and direction of the Department of Education
- keep a contact log to help with contact tracing
- ensure staff engage with the induction / familiarisation briefing provided by the Department of Education
- implement the agreed procedures to be followed in the event of someone showing symptoms of COVID-19 while at school
- provide instructions for staff and pupils to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during school time
- implement cleaning in line with Department of Education advice
All school staff will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.
This can be done through the Lead Worker Representative(s), who will be supported in line with the agreement between the Department and education partners.
Signed: Frances Day
Chairperson of BOM
Signed: Annette Dineen
6th Class Audio Clips from The Afternoon Show with Brendan Fuller on Radio Kerry
6th class recently enjoyed a visit from Brendan Fuller, host of The Afternoon Show on Radio Kerry. These clips were broadcast on Wednesday 23rd May at 3.10pm and at 4.10pm.
Pupils from our school choir performed Ode to Joy at the site of St. Brendan The Navigator in Fenit to celebrate Europa Nostra #Ode2Joy Challenge. On the occasion of the European Year of Cultural Heritage 2018, Europa Nostra and it’s President Maestro Plácido Domingo invited all citizens in Europe to contribute to the #Ode2Joy Challege at a site of Cultural heritage importance. Watch the video below.
Snow Day - Friday 2nd March 2018 (Photographs courtesy of John Walsh Photography
John Walsh Photographer recently took some amazing drone photographs of the school. The photos also show the view from Listellick looking down over the spectacular Tralee Bay and mountains. Many thanks to John as we will a pictorial record of the school for posterity.