Welcome to Listellick National School, Tralee. We are a co-educational school with 210 pupils in single stream classes. We are located on the Abbeydorney road on the outskirts of the town overlooking the beautiful Tralee Bay. We moved to our brand new school on Monday 20th February 2023.
New Traffic Management Plan
Our new school is on the opposite side of the road, therefore, our one-way system will now be reversed. Parents are asked to approach the school from the main Abbeydorney road and having dropped your child off turn left, out of the school and use the Gurrane Road (back road) which joins the main Tralee/Abbeydorney Road. Cars must not exit right at the school gate. This will allow traffic to flow in one direction and alleviate traffic jams.
- Please do not park in the staff carpark or obstruct the entrance as this is an emergency exit.
- Please do not park in the bus area outside the main gate specifically assigned for bus parking.
- Ensure that all childminders etc. are aware of this new traffic system.
- There are two set-down areas when you drive in the school gate. In the morning parents can park in these set-down areas while waiting for staff to come on duty at 8.30am.
- Please park only in these set-down areas as staff need access to the staff car park. Staff will drive past the set down area to their car park.
- From 8.30am when staff are in the basketball court on duty pupils can exit the cars at set-down area 2 as highlighted in the photo attached.
1.30pm – Junior & Senior Infant Collection
- Teachers and SNAs will bring the classes to the basketball court. Parents can park in either set-down area and collect their child from the basketball court. Please follow the path and crossing to the set-down area 2, if you are parked in set down area 1.
2.30pm – 1st to 6th Class Collection
- All classes will be brought to the basketball court in the evening.
- Parents can park in the set-down areas only. Please do not block the traffic flow.
- Children can be collected from the basketball court or your child/ren will be sent to your car as you pull in to set-down area 2.
- It is very important that cars move away quickly after pick-up.
As this is new to all of us, please bear with us as we find the best way to manage our new traffic system. Thank you.
The countdown has begun for us to move into our brand-new school and we now need you to help us with the final stage. This is a very exciting time for us all in Listellick as we watch our new school being built. After years of campaigning, we can see the finishing line with a move across the road in November this year.
Although we are getting a brand-new school there are two items for which we need to fundraise – an extension to the playground and a stage for the hall. We will need approximately €36,000 for these two items. The fundraising committee have launched a GoFundMe page and are asking past pupils, businesses and the wider Listellick community for donations to our campaign. We ask you to get behind this by spreading the word, sharing through social media and to any connections you have who could share it further in this age of social media.
Follow Listellick NS on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram